TallGrass is always looking for talented people to join our team! Check out the positions below:
Public Relations Intern
Sioux Falls, SD
Our internship program is full of rich, real-world experience in all aspects of PR and Marketing. Interns receive guided instruction and feedback from all PR team members on tactics, strategies and solutions relevant to the world of earned media. You won’t be watching on the side-lines, you’ll be doing! All interns should think of their internship as an audition for future opportunities within our organization.
This individual supports the Public Relations team in meeting established goals as well as providing tactical communications services for assigned tasks in support of team projects.
Roles and Duties:
- Provide administrative and general support to the all levels of the PR team.
- Draft and edit press releases, pitch material and other client content.
- Research, develop and update media lists in conjunction with Account Support.
- Participate in group calls, brainstorming sessions and team meetings.
- Updating and maintaining databases to ensure accuracy.
- Monitor industry news and flag items relevant to current and upcoming campaigns, media outreach and pitching support
Students applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media. Only interns proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications should apply.
- Interns must be available to come to our office 3 days a week for a minimum of 4 hours each day. Additional availability is always a bonus and helps round out your experience. Hours/days can be flexible, but a minimum of 3 days is required.
- If you require credit hours for a school requirement, you are responsible for tracking hours and processing all required paperwork with your TallGrass supervisor. We’ll pair you up with a TallGrass mentor or two who’ll show you the ropes of our business and supervise your projects and work.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Rebecca Garnes (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Senior PR Account Manager
Sioux Falls, SD, Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY
Does the thought of representing the ideas of technology’s brightest people and fastest-growing companies make your heart sing? Do you scour news sites every day and think “Why did they cover that story?” Can you write brilliant, click-worthy pitches?
We are an established public relations agency – if perhaps a bit of a well-kept secret – with offices across the United States. We’re way more than a traditional public relations firm. We dive deep to understand the clients business and marketing goals, developing stellar PR strategy. We are seeking a PR or journalism pro to join our Sioux Falls, SD office.
The Senior PR Account Manager will be a hands-on contributor to the conception and execution of public relations programs for well-known technology clients in enterprise, marketing and advertising technology. Even if the technology details are lost on you, your superb writing, organizational and positioning skills will carry you through!
The perfect person for this position:
- Participates/leads high-level discussions regarding positioning, strategy and planning.
- Develops and runs strategic planning sessions to reach stakeholders through media pitching, speaking engagements, relationship building and traditional public relations, as well as utilizing digital platforms integrated with social media.
- Is integral to building client and media relationships and overall satisfaction and success
- Leads a team of 3-5
- Has strong public relations, project management, organizational, leadership and written and verbal communication skills.
- Monitors news coverage, trends and competitors to bring new opportunities and ideas to client teams
- Has experience with Cision – nice bonus
- Networks with clients and help us find our next great ones
The perfect person will be able to manage all of this and roll up their sleeves to get the job done, doing whatever is needed. This is not a traditional Account Executive role. We’re scrappy, we move fast, and we have fun while doing it.
- More than 7 years of PR agency experience (Or maybe you’ve worked on the client side? Or as a journalist?) • You write really, really well. It bothers you when someone says they’re ‘excited’ in a press release.
- Proven ability to run multiple projects simultaneously • Detail-oriented and reliable with a creative approach to everything you do • Expertise in the business media; you know who’s who and what they care about
- Digital & social media savvy
- A willingness to call BS when it needs to be called
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll be on the front lines with the leadership of great companies making tomorrow’s news.
- The very best of a startup – a tight, focused, creative and collaborative team – combined with the benefits and security of an established firm – experienced management and a roster of great clients.
Salary & benefits (otherwise known as the good stuff):
We reward people who reward us. It’s that simple. Salaries are highly competitive, and the benefits are great. Highlights include:
- 100% paid health, dental, vision
- 10 paid vacation days, 15 days after your first year
- 8 public holidays
- 2 floating holidays/year (when the weather’s nice and you want to go play)
- Client retention bonus program – everyone winss
- Travel opportunities
- Work/Life balance with a flexible schedule
- AND a team you’ll love to work with!